We love making something a little special on the weekends, when we have more time to dedicate to cooking and sharing a meal with family. That’s where this frittata comes in!
Frittatas are basically loaded omelettes that are way to thick to fold over, and are perfect for a quick meal- breakfast lunch or dinner.
You can also make a little more, pack it up and store in your fridge to enjoy throughout the week.
Try this quick frittata this weekend and enjoy!
Chorizo Veg Frittata
8 eggs, whisked up
1/4 cup water
1 chorizo sausage, chopped
1 pepper, chopped
4 big handfuls of leafy greens like kale, Swiss chard, spinach or arugula
1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp cooking oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large oven safe frying pan on medium high. Add oil once hot.
- Add chorizo to pan and cook until some fat has rendered out and it is starting to brown.
- Add peppers and spinach. Cook for several minutes until greens are wilted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk eggs and water together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the greens are wilted, eventful distribute veg and chorizo in pan and pour eggs over top.
- Stir until eggs are about half cooked. Redistribute everything in the pan and top with goat cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, just until the middle is set and it is starting to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Take out to cool for a minute then slice it up and serve!
We served ours with fresh salsa, toast and coffee of course!
Try it out and make sure to tag us in your creations on Instagram!
Your dietitian, Erin